Friday 9 December 2011

On the 10th Day of Christmas...


It's definitely time to update the kitchen utensils. Most of ours are from my husband's first flat in London and have definitely seen better days. Also, because we have a lot of display space in our kitchen, it's nice if the things we put in it are functional but attractive too. For a while now, I've been collecting vintage stoneware mixing bowls and pudding basins for cooking. You pick them up at fairs and car boot sales for next to nothing and they are so much more attractive than modern crocks. My favourite is a giant cream T.G. Green & Co stoneware mixing bowl that has a duck-egg blue glaze inside. Smashing! It's for this reason, that I love these Milk Bottle Measuring Cups £22.00 from Anthropologie. The design is both classic vintage and novel and I love the raised lettering that denotes the measurements as it reminds me of my lovely stoneware collection and would look amazing on display in any kitchen. Anthropologie is a real Aladdin's Cave of inspiration. When I worked on the King's Road in London, I could happily while away a whole lunch hour in its Chelsea store and have always been able to find great presents there. An original and thoughful gift for someone who sees the kitchen as the focal point of their home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment