Friday 2 December 2011

Stocking Fillers 2


Something special for the stockings. A Lavender Scented Pin Cushion £8.00 by Pants & Paper. I can't get enough pin cushions. Probably because I am a rabid seamstress, they're all over my studio so I can always reach for one (although the arms of the sofa are usually full of pins as well). They make a lovely gift anyway but I really like this one because it is lavender scented so, when you're not being creative, it can make itself useful scenting the room to smell like a lazy day in Provence. I'm also really struck by the simplicity of the design with it's hand-drawn style lines and decoupage elements. It would just be a really gorgeous thing to have around - pins or no pins. Pants & Paper sell this and many other small handmade items in their folksy shop and have an entertaining blog where I note that they have received a nod this week from Theo Paphitis in his weekly Small Business Sunday competition. May I take this opportunity to add my congratulations to the mix and a bit of a loud 'hurrah' too since it is Friday!   

No comments:

Post a Comment